Home Work Out Activities & Information
The club hopes that all our members managing to stay safe and well during these challenging times. Following the cancellation of training, it is important that we encourage our swimmers to stay active. City of Sheffield Swim Squad are posting daily workouts for their swimmers, which is a fabulous idea and there is no reason why we parents (and siblings) can’t join in too! Peter Richardson (Head Coach) has shared the following activities and information while swimmers are at home.
Home Work Out Link 1 –
Home Work Out Link 2 –
Butterfly Technique Link 3 –
1. Soft hand entry.
2. Great chin position close to the water on breathing phase.
3. Great underwater position of pull through on the hands under centre line of the body.
Butterfly Technique Link 4 –
1. Good head position on breathing. Chin in the water.
2. Arms close to the water surface on recovery.
3. High hip position.
4. Good upbeat and down beat on the kick.
Backstroke Technique Link 5 –
This video clip shows the basic principles of backstroke. This shows some of the coaching points that your coaches are implementing and encouraging you to use.
The image below shows the underwater pull and hip and shoulder rotation during Backtroke.
1. You will note the bent arm.
2. Side of the thumb pointing to the ceiling.
3. Palm of the hand pointing to the feet and not the bottom of the pool.
4. Hip and shoulder rotation.
“200M Butterfly Melbourne Phelps”
What do you notice about the swim? Let your Coach or Head Coach know.