The Swim England North East Region are pleased to offer an opportunity for Young Leaders to be part of a competition officiating training, education and development opportunity for the 2022/23 season.
The programme is available for young adults aged from 14 years of age upwards who are part of a Swim England North East Region affiliated club like KUHSC.
The initiative looks to:
- Offer the opportunity to learn the roles of being an official in their chosen aquatic discipline.
- Enable them to take their first steps on the Swim England/British Swimming officiating pathway.
- Provide a volunteering opportunity which will enable them to give something back to their sport and meet other like-minded young leaders from across the region.
- Train them in an additional aquatic skill that can keep them active in an area they may not haven previously considered.
- Provide the opportunity to learn the different roles involved in officiating at a competition and have a go at being an official with other Young Leaders under the guidance and support of experience officials.
- Provide practical experience of officiating at a competition within the North East Region.
Young Leaders who are interested in being involved should register their interest directly at: Young Leader Officiating Registration. If any assistance is required, please contact David Parry, NE Region Development Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07949251482.